Friday, March 5, 2010

Thanksgiving!!

Happy Thanksgiving! Matt and I hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year. It was nice but different than what I've experienced in the past. It was fun to have everyone over in my home but it was a little stressful. I've found that hosting big events like that, is not my favorite thing. Lots of kids (10 to be exact) running around and being loud never bothered me before...but it all changes when it's at my own house and I have a baby that doesn't sleep well with noise. All in all though, it went very well. And I must say...I'm grateful I married into a family that can cook...Matt's mom made homemade rolls which were delicious and my sister-in-law, Gina, makes the yummiest, to die for, stuffing that I've been craving since November...she doesn't know this yet, but I'm having her make it for Easter! Stuffing goes just fine with a ham! haha  Her sweet potatoe dish is quite to delicious as well...and then of course all the other staples for a Thanksgiving dinner and the pies for dessert. Did I mention that I really love food? I do!

Max and his cousin, Andres, had matching jammies! So cute!

Corey and Gina....what a goodlooking couple!
Most of the clan!
Anne-Marie made this turkey out of a ball of yarn and then made feathers and gave them to everyone and we all wrote something we were grateful for on them. It was a great idea and I think we're going to make it a family tradition! 

Anne-Marie and her fiance, David. This was David's first Thanksgiving with us.
So cute!
He looks a little shocked by the flash. haha
...and again.
Some evidence that the boys did help out! The women did all the cooking and the men did the cleaning.
My silly husband
And of course the boys have to make the cleaning fun...Corey and Matt playing catch with the rolls.
The wishbone! They always say the best looking, smartest and strongest person ends up with the biggest half of the wishbone...
Looks like I've got a winner! Go Matt! So good looking and strong and smart!

No comments: