Thursday, September 23, 2010

Max's first birthday Party! UNO!

Max turned one on June 9th and had is first birthday party on June 12th. It was a HUGE success! My wonderful friend, Jessica, thought of using UNO (the card game) as the theme and I loved it! Jessica is incredibly crafty and creative, not mention a great friend so she made or helped me make pretty much everything! We had over 30 people over at the house all to celebrate our sweet little Max turning one. I was super stressed all the way until the party started. It was A LOT of work getting everything ready but it all worked out and I'm glad we got to have a big party for our little guy. Birthday's are a celebration of life, another year together, which is an incredible blessing that is too often taken lightly. Birthdays are supposed to be special.

This is an UNO card cake made out of UNO cards...(not edible) Jess made it and it added so much to the decor!
I made these cupcake toppers with Max's head. I thought they were so cute!
These are the gifts from Matt and me...we got him way too many gifts. He wasn't even interested in opening them so we just opened his friends and other family gifts and left ours to open throughout the next week.


These pom poms were really time consuming but really added the most color to the house. I made 20 of them!
I rented a helium tank for all the balloons so I didn't have to spend a million years blowing them up and then pass out from lack of oxygen. There were 60 total.
Our Birthday Boy who was pretty laid back most of the day. He's sporting the adorable UNO shirt that Jess worked VERY hard to make for him. Thank you Jess!!!

The weather was perfect so we were able to eat on the deck and enjoy the sunshine.


That's Max's girlfriend, Annalise, and her daddy, Dave, with Max and his daddy
Getting ready for cake!
Grandma made his cake. We used cool whip instead of super sugar thick frosting. He loved it!
He needed a little help with the candle.
Here he goes, face first!



So good!

he's even licking it off of his arm. hahaha



The one time where it's okay to play with your food.

This is the face he makes when he squeezes anything...including birthday cake.
opening presents

+

Matt with his mom and siblings
some of the onlookers for the opening of presents
Jess and me with our babies : )



The upside down binky...that's how it looked most of the time. He actually stopped taking a binky just a week or so after his birthday. I'm glad I never had to wean him of it but sometimes I wish it would still soothe him...mostly in the car.

This video was the morning of his actual birthday. This is how sweet he looks every morning. I was feeling very sentimental all day and couldn't believe that Max was already 1. I told him "Happy Birthday" all day long because it was his special day and I wanted him to know it was all about him. I also told him I loved him over and over and kind of begged him to stay little. He isn't listening very well...



5 comments:

Jessica said...

Our babies look so little here! Happy birthday to Cuteous Maximus. He sure is a precious boy. :)

summerbummer said...

what a great theme for a party!! and CUTE decorations!!

Autumn said...

OH my!! What a cutie-him, you, your whole family. And a DARLING birthday party!! Go you. Such a cute theme idea-I love it!!! I had a lot of fun listening to your play list this past half hour! I am so behind in blog reading but I think I'll have to catch up later!

Sam said...

I know you posted this so long ago, but I am so inspired by all of your Uno decorations and am thinking of doing this theme for my baby boy. Would you mind sharing the secret of how you put together the tower of cards cake? What is the infrastructure? If you wouldn't mind helping another mom out, I'd sooo appreciate your tips! My email is schnookiepookie@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Im also stumped on whats the best way to make the cake stand! If you dont mind helping me out as well :) Soccerfish123@aol.com